The challenges met by CIO’s and the IT department are more present than ever. That said the value equation of “How do we deliver value for the business remains” would the IT strategy be driven by the COO, CIO, CDO or CMO.
I have over the last year had an excellent return on “Deliver Business Value with IT” and would like to give those that have not yet had the opportunity to discover the book a “Summer special” 50% off if you buy the copy with Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/290604 promotional code PV74X
WHAT THE REVIEWERS SAID: “ The “Deliver Business Value with IT” series is an extremely solid piece of work that comes across as the A-Z reference of how to execute and implement IT strategy from a CIO level perspective. The reader will learn robust approaches to deliver services designed to support IT and Business drivers. The perspective that Martin spells out permits an overview of how to leverage existing frameworks but also to effectively support the execution of an IT Strategy aligned with the Business Strategy.”
“The focus that Martin takes in the “Deliver Business Value with IT” series will help in tackling the seven main non-technical challenges any CIO or other senior IT business leaders will face:
1. How and what should I communicate to whom in what way?
2. What to think of when it comes to competences needed to provide my IT services? 3. How to provide the best value at the best cost?
4. What to think of when ensuring efficient and effective delivery of projects?
5. How to establish a sourcing strategy and determining how to manage your vendors?
6. What are the best practices for managing my operations, and what to think of?
7. How can I best scan for and analyze emerging technologies?